There's plenty to eat at the state fair. Including bugs.
In 1906, the State Fair of Louisiana opened its doors to celebrate the best the bayou state had to offer. This year, with the Coronavirus pandemic, the decision has been made to host the 114th State Fair until April 29 – May 9, 2021. According to their website, enjoy the state fair with free parking and free admission from Noon – 3:00pm on April 29-30 and May 3-7.
With Covid-19 still around, the fair instituted several safety guidelines to keep you healthy and safe. Use the hand sanitizers stations scattered around the area. Wash your hands frequently. Buy your tickets online instead of at the gate (see below). Face coverings/masks are to be worn in all indoor and outdoor spaces when not consuming food or drink. Masks are required for everyone 7 years and older. Stay six feet apart. Please eat in designated areas or seated at the picnic tables.
What’s happening this Spring
The Independent Midway returns with familiar rides, games, food and attractions,
During the first four days of the fair, see the 2021 State Fair of Louisiana Livestock Spring Show.
The 11th Annual Louisiana State Fair Car Show “Cinco de Mayo” Edition occurs on Sunday, May 2 from 10:00am-2:00pm
Here are the list of free shows and attractions going on during the fair: GASCAR Crazy Animal Races, Laura Jaye Aerial Show, Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show, The Pirate Parrot Show and Nerveless Nocks Thrill Show.
Meet the street entertainers while you roam about the fair: Flo the Clown, Nick “The Escape Artist” and Rock-It Robot.
An impressive list of concerts are scheduled as well on the Whataburger Stage
- Thursday, April 29 – Anxious
- Friday, April 30 – Nashville South
- Saturday, May 1 – Casey Martin Band as well as Frank Foster
- Sunday, May 2 – Fiesta at the Fair with Javier Rios Jr. & La Gran Herencia, Banda Kañón, Los Tercos, Grupo Re Mi Fa, Word of God Ministries En Espanol, DJ Karlos Montoya
- Monday, May 3 – Skillzplus Entertainment DJs
- Wednesday, May 5 – The Rockin’ Redeyes
- Thursday, May 6 – The Joanitones
- Friday, May 7 – Alter Ego Jazz Band
- Saturday, May 8 – Ol’ Skool 90’s Hip Hop Night featuring Money B & Young Hump of Digital Underground, Tag Team and Tone Loc. Hosted by Jabber Jaws.
- Sunday, May 9 – Bayou Boogie and Wayne Toups
Two fairs in 2021!
For the first time ever, there will be two state fairs in the same year. Mark your calendars for April 29-May 9 and October 28, 2021 for the 114th and 115th editions respectively. Find out more on the State Fair of Louisiana website and Facebook.
Ticket prices start at $8 until April 28, 2021. After that, the price goes up to $12. The P.O.P. (Pay One Price) ticket for the fair admission and carnival armband currently runs $35 until April 29. There’s also a a Fun Pass to get you in everyday and carnival rides. (Some rides might require and additional charge.) Reserve your tickets here. The fair encourages you to purchase tickets early to avoid the lines at the gate and stay a little safer from Covid-19.
Related Topic: You can find a few Fried Oreos at the Fair and you can make them yourself too. Here’s our recipe.
COPYRIGHT 2021 GRAY MEDIA GROUP, INC.