There's plenty to eat at the state fair. Including bugs.
In 1906, the State Fair of Louisiana opened its doors to celebrate the best the bayou state had to offer. After a Covid-19 disruption, the fair resumes its usual October-November run! For 2022, attend the 115th Edition from October 28-November 14.
What’s happening this Fall
The Competitive Exhibits and AgMagic (LSU Ag Center) open back up.
The Crabtree Amusements, Inc carnival returns with familiar rides, games, food and attractions.
See the 2021 State Fair of Louisiana Livestock Show. See the schedule here. The LRCA Finals Rodeo takes place at Hirsch Coliseum from November 5-7.
Enjoy a few theme days:
- Thursday, October 28 is Senior Day at the Fair
- Sunday, November 7 is Fiesta at the Fair
- Sunday, November 14 is Veterans & Military Appreciation Day.
Here are the list of free shows and attractions going on during the fair: Circus Hollywood, JUMP “The Ultimate Dog Show”, Pork Chop Revue, Pirates of the Caribbean High Dive Show, Belmont World of Magic Show, Hollywood Racing Pigs, The Double Hump Camel Show, Ms. Stevana’s Friesian Horse Show. Note that all of the shows may not be available every day the State Fair is open.
Meet the street entertainers while you roam about the fair: Flo the Clown, Nick “The Escape Artist”, Dallas the Fire Guy, The Puppetone Rockers and World Stage Productions.
An impressive list of concerts are scheduled as well on the Whataburger Stage
- Thursday, October 28 – Tailgate Poets
- Friday, October 29 – Bayou Boogie – Wayne Toups
- Saturday, October 30 – Nappy Roots – Arrested Development
- Sunday, October 31 – Joe Nadeau Band – Avery Michaels Band
- Wednesday, November 3 – The Rockin’ Redeyes
- Thursday, November 4 – Soul Grooves Live Cover
- Friday, November 5 – Muzikology
- Saturday, November 6 – Luster Baker – Margo Thunder – The Bigg Robb Show
- Wednesday, November 10 – Tree Fiddy Trio
- Thursday, November 11 – Lance Thompson, Dandre & Seth
- Friday, November 12 – Front Cover
- Saturday, November 13 – Frany Ray – Colt Ford
- Sunday, November 14 – The Lovers – The Wizards of Voz
Prices & Specials
Gate admission is $12. Parking is $5. Buy the P.O.P. (Pay-One-Price) at $47 for gate admission + unlimited carnival rides. They even have a FunPass ($100) for everyday access and more.
However the fair offers a lot of specials
- Admission and parking are free from Noon-3:00pm on weekdays.
- On Wednesdays and Thursdays, admission and P.O.P. prices are reduced.
Related Topic: You can find a few Fried Oreos at the Fair and you can make them yourself too. Here’s our recipe.
COPYRIGHT 2021 GRAY MEDIA GROUP, INC.