BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE, La. — BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE, La. (KSLA) - Barksdale Air Force Base is preparing to hold the Defenders of Liberty Air Show this upcoming month.
The gates will open March 25 to March 26 at 9 a.m. The show is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on both days. Event admissions and parking are free, but overnight parking is not allowed.
Visitors can expect performances from the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, Red Bull Aviation, Rob Holland, Kevin Coleman, Aftershock Jet Fire Truck, Randy Ball, and many more. There will also be fly overs by B-1B Lancers, B-2 Spirits and B-52H Stratofortresses.
Food and drinks will be available for purchase during the show. Upon entry, attendees will be subject to search for any unauthorized items.
Permitted items include the following:
- diaper bags and small purses (not to exceed one cubic foot)
- electric scooters (for handicapped/elderly)
- small cameras (without bags)
- lawn chairs
Prohibited items include the following:
- weapons (i.e., guns, knives, pepper spray)
- illegal drugs
- outside alcoholic beverages
- glass bottles
- pets (excluding service animals)
- sports equipment (i.e. roller skates, bicycles, skateboards)
- large hand carried items (i.e. tote bags, backpacks, coolers)
- laser pointers
- tobacco products
- electronic cigarettes (unless in designated areas)
For updates on the air show, click here. FAQs can be found here.
Copyright 2023 KSLA. All rights reserved.