CADDO PARISH, La. (Ark-La-Tex Weekend) - The Shreve Memorial Library presents a special Didgeridoo Down Under Show the week of January 23. These performances are free and open to the public.
From their press release, “the Didgeridoo Down Under Show is an energetic fusion of Australian music, culture, art, science, literacy development, comedy, character building, anti-bullying, and motivational speaking with audience movement participation. Aboriginal Australians have played the didgeridoo musical instrument for at least 1,500 years. The reverberating sound of the didgeridoo is one of the most recognizable Australian sounds in contemporary music today. This interactive, educational, motivational show is super fun for all ages!
Didgeridoo Down Under will perform at the following branches on the designated dates and times.”
Monday, January 23
- 10 a.m. at Higginbotham-Bryson Branch, 9359 Greenwood Road, Greenwood
- 6 p.m. at Mooretown Branch, 4360 Hollywood Avenue, Shreveport
Tuesday, January 24
- 10 a.m. at Wallette Branch, 363 Hearne Avenue, Shreveport
- 3 p.m. at Cedar Grove-Line Avenue Branch, 8303 Line Avenue, Shreveport
Wednesday, January 25
- 10 a.m. at Atkins Branch, 3704 Greenwood Road, Shreveport
- 4:30 p.m. at West Shreveport Branch, 4380 Pines Road, Shreveport
Thursday, January 26
- 12:00 noon at Mooringsport Branch, 603 Latimer Street, Mooringsport
- 4:00 p.m. at Blanchard Branch, 344 Alexander Street, Blanchard
Related Topic: While at the library, read these Mardi Gras books.
Copyright 2023 KSLA. All rights reserved.