There's plenty to eat at the state fair. Including bugs.
In 1906, the State Fair of Louisiana opened its doors to celebrate the best the bayou state had to offer. In 1918, the fair cancelled due to the Spanish Flu pandemic. This year, with the Coronavirus pandemic, the decision has been made to reschedule the 114th State Fair until April 29 – May 9, 2021. However, some traditional State Fair of Louisiana events are still planned for October 29-November 8, 2020.
The Junior Livestock Show and the National Brahman Cattle Show will occur. According to the press release, General Manager Chris Giordano says, “The State Fair and Ark-La-Tex Agriculture are committed to this show. We want to continue to be the place that supports 4-H and FFA youth who work so hard all year long raising animals to compete at the State Fair.”
You can still get your fill of State Fair food
Between October 29-November 3, everyone can come to the fairgrounds for the “Taste of the State Fair.” Feast upon the unusual and traditional foods that fair is famous for! We’re hoping for turkey legs, funnel cakes and ice cream cones and we got our wish! Here is the list of what’s available. Make sure to follow all Covid guidelines.
- It’s All About The Bacon
- Corn Dogs / Lemonade / Nachos
- Funnel Cakes / Lemonade / Nachos
- Turkey Legs / Sausage On A Stick
- Philly Cheesesteak / Polish Sausage / Italian Sausage / Hamburgers / Fries / Cheese Fries / Lemonade
- Deep Fried Candy Bars / Oreos / Twinkies
- Gyros / Street Tacos / Gyro Fries / Greek Salads
- 1/2 Lb. Black Angus Burgers / Giant Pork Tenderloin / Ribbon Fries / Hot Dogs
- Chicken On A Stick / Cheese Fries / Lemonade
- Pizza / Stuffed Pizza / Sromboli / Calzones / Cheesy Sticks / Pretzels
- Cotton Candy / Candy Apples / Caramel Apples / Popcorn
- Ice Cream / Sundaes / Shakes / Root Beer Floats / Cheese Cake / Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- The Nut Shack
Two fairs in 2021!
For the first time ever, there will be two state fairs in the same year. Mark your calendars for April 29-May 9 and October 28, 2021 for the 114th and 115th editions respectively. Find out more on the State Fair of Louisiana website and Facebook.
Related Topic: Other county and parish fairs may still be going on in 2020. Check out our list here.
COPYRIGHT 2020 GRAY MEDIA GROUP, INC.