Hope springs eternal for Shreveport Symphony Orchestra (SSO)fans. Recently, the orchestra released their 2020-2021 Willis-Knighton Masterworks Series schedule. With the hopes of the pandemic ending, the Shreveport Symphony hopes to be back in action with these concerts. Individual concerts access is $20 and save some money by reserving six concerts to watch from your home for $99. Find the details here. Once restrictions are lifted, a socially-distanced audience can attend the concerts at First Baptist Shreveport. There will be social distancing and masks will be required.
Shreveport Symphony Orchestra 2020-2021 schedule
Saturday, December 19 – 7:30pm – Holiday Celebration in Louisiana
- Featuring bass-baritone and Shreveport native Timothy Jones and soprano Sarah Jane McMahon, enjoy the holiday season with all the favorites. Watch it all online.
Saturday, January 30 – 7:30pm – The Four Seasons (Recomposed)
- British composer Max Richter tweaked the famous Vivaldi work The Four Seasons. Spanish violinist Francisco Fullana returns to the SSO for this concert.
Saturday, February 27 – 7:30pm – Appalachian Spring (Virtual)
- Simone is one of the world’s best interpreter of Bach’s music. You don’t want to miss this performance.
Saturday, March 13 – 7:30pm and Sunday, March 14 at 3:00pm – Scott Joplin & the Age of Ragtime
- The SSO celebrates the music and legacy of the Ark-La-Tex legend of Scott Joplin. A limited number of in-person tickets may be available.
Saturday, March 27 at 7:30 pm and Sunday, March 28 at 3:00pm – Mozart & More
- The SSO strings section performs three selections from Delius, Respighi and of course Mozart.
Saturday, April 24 at 7:30pm and Sunday, April 25 at 3:00pm – Broadway Today with Craig Schulman
- The Broadway star returns to the area with memorable tunes and favorites.
Saturday, May 22 at 7:30pm and Sunday, May 23 at 3:00pm – Mahler Symphony No. 4
- Soprano Twyla Robinson joins a small ensemble for this moving and unique performance.
Saturday, June 12 at 7:30pm and Sunday, June 13 at 3:00pm – Beethoven & Haydn
- Wideman winner Alon Goldstein joins the full symphony for two famous works: Symphony No. 94 & Piano Concerto No. 5 Emperor
For more details on the season, click here. If you are a patron, you can renew your subscription for the Shreveport Symphony Orchestra’s 2020-2021 season today by calling 318.227.8863 Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm. Check their website once in a while for more ticket information as we get closer to the season.
COPYRIGHT 2020, GRAY MEDIA GROUP INC.