Warm up in more ways than one with this sweet delicious dessert drink.
The melding of flavors make this Boozy Butterscotch Hot Chocolate very comforting for the Fall and Winter. It’s a perfect drink to snuggle by the fireplace with. This recipe makes two large cups of hot chocolate.
- 2 ½ c. milk
- 4 oz. white chocolate chips + a few extra chips
- 2 oz. butterscotch chips + a few extra chips
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. cinnamon + a little extra
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice + a little extra
- Single shot of tequila or flavored vodka
- Whipped topping
Mix milk, heavy whipping cream, white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a medium sized saucepan. Heat on medium-low until chips have melted and milk is hot. Add 1 tsp. each of cinnamon and vodka or tequila. Mix well. Pour into serving mugs. Top with whipped topping. Sprinkle cinnamon, pumpkin spice and a few of each chips on top.
You can change the alcohol to something you like to drink or leave it out all together for the kids and non-alcoholic drinkers. This Boozy Butterscotch Hot Chocolate goes great with these Rudolph-themed treats as well.