As some people are looking to travel, Amtrak released a new sale that we’re in love with and it’s one of its safest ways to travel. The sale ended on February 16, 2021, enjoy Amtrak’s BOGO deal. As for safety during the pandemic. we suggest a Roomette. What’s a Roomette? It’s your own private space. According to Amtrak’s website, a Roomette features two seats that convert to upper and lower sleeping berths by night. They also come with complimentary meals, free lounge access, access to a private restroom and shower with fresh towels and linens.
Here are a few fares to think about for a vacation.
- Texarkana to San Antonio – $124 Coach & $631 Roomette (Fare from March 15-19, 2021 as researched on Feb. 11, subject to change) Round trip
- Hope to St. Louis – $146 Coach & $578 Roomette (Fare from March 16-19, 2021 as researched on Feb. 11, subject to change) Round trip
- Marshall to Houston – $82 Coach & $346 Roomette (Fare from March 17-21, 2021 as researched on Feb. 11, subject to change) Round trip
Ride the rails pretty much all over the United States (excludes Amtrak Cascades, Pennsylvanian, Keystone Service and 7000-8999 Thruways) with one companion rail fare with the purchase of one regular full adult rail fare.
Amtrak has taken several steps to increase safety and cleaning measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- All customers and employees must wear a face mask or covering unless a passenger is in their private room (Roomette).
- Enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Onboard filtration systems exchanges the fresh air every 4-5 minutes.
- Café cars are carryout only. The train company also provides a flexible dining service.
To see all of their commitments to safety, click here.
Related Topics: If you’re waiting for the train in Marshall, it’s a short walk to see the history of Harrison County. And if you’re in Hope, you could visit this home…
COPYRIGHT 2021, GRAY MEDIA GROUP, INC.